Merry Christmas! My gift is random thoughts!
This weekend I found out that in addition to the baby that Veeral and Riya (collectively "the inspiration") are having, two other couples we know are having kids next year. Which I find exciting to no end. Since learning the news, I've been constantly imagining that the babies of 2008 will form their own pop supergroup (prior to The Baby Vohra embarking on its solo career). The group will be called "'N(Dian) Sync" (as it will be comprised of all Indian babies). The group will be highly successful, if only because the babies will all invariably be super-cute, like a bunch of Justin Timberlakes (with maybe a JC Chasez thrown in for good measure - not nearly as talented as JT, but arguably better looking). There won't be a single Joey FatOne or the white guy who wore extensions and FUBU to drag the group down. I haven't really decided what it is they'll sing, but I'm not necessarily sure it matters. The Neptunes will likely produce 'N(Dian) Sync's first album, so it will be a hit even if it's just the four babies screaming continuously (which it will pretty much have to be, at least for the first eighteen months or so).
Yesterday Neha and I were doing some last-minute Christmas shopping at Ann Arbor's breathtaking Briarwood Mall (which included a trip to "Olga's" for lunch. For reasons unclear to me, Michiganders love Olga's. Apparently children in Michigan have their taste buds cauterized immediately after birth). While shopping at Borders (books are always a good gift), we came across a big book of baby names. LOTS of baby names; the book was 677 pages. Neha and I decided (or, more accurately, I declared), that Neha would pick a page at random, we'd open the book to that page, and agree upon on name on that page for The Baby Vohra. Neha picked page 432, which happened to be a page listing boys' names beginning with the later "B." After arguing for a bit, we decided on the name (and I swear this was a listed name on the page) "Bienvenido." The Spanish word for "welcome." Neha and I were awed by the fact that Bienvenido was listed as a legitimate name. I mean, it's terrible. If your name is "Bienvenido" and you're reading this, I apologize, but man your name sucks. In reality, "Bienvenido" probably won't be the name of the The Baby Vohra.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
the book you picked had 677 pages for a reason - so you could pick #527
i love The Baby Vohra - both the baby and the blog; i love The Baby Vohra's authors - both the baby's and the blog's...but as a born and bred former Michigan resident, i absolutely resent, and categorically deny any affiliation with (or perhaps better put, affliction with) Olga's. i have no time for Olga's. i have no taste for Olga's. i would like to continue monitoring the progress of The Baby Vohra via this blog, but if you're going to be making sweeping generalizations and insulting broad sections of your readership...well, i'll have to get my The Baby Vohra news elsewhere.
Post a Comment