Saturday, July 21, 2012

And Arjun Turned 1!

The little man on his first birthday.
Although Arjun is almost assuredly going to hate me in any event because this blog has very few posts devoted to him relative to his older brother, I thought I should at least make some effort to get a post up celebrating our little guy's first birthday before he's old enough to read this and realize just how neglected he's been.  (And now it's been nearly two months since he turned 1.  I'm too late.)  Besides, look at Arjun in the picture above.  Ridiculously adorable.  The fact that I haven't written more about him is a travesty.  I don't blame you (or him in the future) for being mad at me.

The little man is now a year old!  I'm not sure how this year went by so quickly.  I still remember the months leading up to Arjun's birth, when I was stuck at work until the wee hours of the morning every day preparing for a trial that made the entire Vohra family miserable.  And on the day after it ended, Arjun was born, and everything was immediately awesome again. 

When babies are born, they don't do much other than eat sleep and poop, so to say that Arjun was born smiling just isn't true.  But once Arjun did start displaying a personality, around 4 or 5 months, he's been the ultimate charmer, smiling constantly and generally being the happiest baby I have ever seen.  Don't believe me?  Look at all of these photos of him smiling at you!  I dare your heart not to melt. 






This is not to say that Arjun is always happy.  He has a horrific temper, which manifests itself in the form of Arjun throwing himself backwards to the ground, oftentimes with his head hitting before anything else, leaving us horrified.  When given something he doesn't want, he whips it across the room like a steroid-fueled Roger Clemes.  (Yes, it is adorable.)  He's also a bit of a bully - he likes to hit, and his teachers have told us that he tends to push around the other kids in his class.  (While I expressed some serious concern upon hearing this news, I actually think it's sort of awesome.)



In addition to being super smiley, Arjun is also our tiny garbage disposal.  He is a machine, eating everything from pizza to Indian food to hamburgers and every fruit in existence.  It's totally awesome.  (And a 180-degree turn from Saavan, who continually breaks his grandparents' heart by boasting that he "doesn't eat anything.")  There is literally nothing that Arjun won't put in his mouth, which is problematic, because has has attempted to devour Hungry Hungry Hippos marbles, bottle caps, and Saavan's shoes.  (This, for obvious reasons, is not so adorable.)  But this is a small price to pay for being able to take him places without having to pray that they serve french fries and/or mac and cheese. 

Speaking of Saavan, he's been a greater big brother to Arjun than we could have possibly imagined.   He is a super-protective big brother who tries to stop Arjun from playing with things that are "dangerous," demands that we pick Arjun up whenever he starts crying, constantly makes him giggle, and puts Arjun's pacifier back in his mouth when it falls out.  They play and laugh together, and lately, much to my delight, wrestle and fight constantly.  (Saavan has the reach and advantage in coordination/motor skills, but Arjun has established himself as a surprisingly effective figher using brute force and the ability to fall on his older brother.)  It's amazing to watch.



Happy birthday Arjun!  Our lives are unquestionably better now that you're in it.  Here's hoping that your amazing smile or incomporable appetite remain with you for the rest of your life.  We love you.

P.S. - Your mundan!  It was a smashing success and you let us shave your head without any fuss at all.  Another blog entry coming just for that amazing event!  Presumably before you start balding naturally!

1 comment:

mayurfine said...

this blog still lives!!!

-Mayur