Yesterday was the second of the weekly OB/GYN appointments we will have now until the actual birth of The Baby Vohra. At the appointments, our doctor checks on the progress of Neha and the baby, and, based upon what she sees, tries to predict a bit on when the actual delivery will be.
Loyal readers of the blog know that the predicted date of delivery is June 28, about two weeks from now. But our doctors have consistently told us that the 28th represents more of the midpoint of a range - two weeks on either side - rather than an actual date when the baby might actually be born. So as of Saturday, we are actually within the two-week window in which it's possible that The Baby Vohra could be born. Now I am indescribably anxious to have this baby come out. I absolutely can't wait. And so at these weekly appointments, I'm waiting for our doctor to tell us that the date has moved up! And we should expect to be parents within a few days!
Unfortunately, in each of the two weeklies, our doctor has told us that based upon Neha's progression, we should still expect delivery around the 28th. Upon being so informed at this last appointment, I tried to stay as calm as possible, but this is totally unacceptable. I want this kid to be born! I mean, I was told there was a two-week window. What is the point of the goddamn two-week window? THE TWO-WEEK WINDOW IS USELESS!
Although this process has been long, we've tried to enjoy it to the extent possible (a variety of circumstances notwithstanding), but lately the waiting has just gotten hard (at least for me), presumably because we're just...so...close. It's also difficult because we've done everything we need to do - gotten the furniture and prepared the nursery, installed the baby seat, planned out our time off, etc. Two days ago we did The Baby Vohra's first load of laundry. It was adorable. But there is no laundry left to do. And so we can only wait. Dammit.
As we get closer, one of the things about Neha that has amazed me is her...selfishness. Seriously. I'm dying for this baby to come out. I'm asking her to jump up and down, eat spicy food, and walk as much as possible - anything I can think of to expedite the process. But Neha is constantly saying that we don't want to rush it. That it's better to let nature to take its course, and let The Baby Vohra join us out here when it's good and ready.
Screw that. It's easy for Neha to remain patient when she's carrying the baby. She gets to feel every kick, every hiccup, and every mush of The Baby Vohra into her ribs. I don't get any of that. She's already got a nine-month head-start on me in term of the bonding process. And it's obvious that she wants to build as much of a lead as she can, which is why she's so calm and non-chalant. Well I see through her nefarious plan. And I won't let it stand. Actually, I will let it stand. But I won't be happy about it. Sigh.
The Baby Vohra! Please come out! I shall never stop asking you.*
*Line lifted from my favorite book of all time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anuj, unless you plan on growing breasts that produce milk, you're not going to catch up on the bonding process for a LONG time!
Post a Comment