Monday, February 14, 2011

Possibly The Cutest Thing Of All Time

A day at home with dad almost definitely means a trip to McDonalds!

Saavan has been running a bit of a fever, so he and I stayed home together today.  If you've ever spent a day at home by yourself with a toddler without any pre-planned activities, you know that it's totally exhausting.  And Saavan, while not particularly difficult, is even tougher because he rarely naps when he's at home.  So he and I spent a long day reading books, playing with his trucks, watching old videos of him on youtube (seriously - his narcissism knows no bounds), going to the doctor, and going to McDonalds.  Needless to say, I was totally exhausted.  Fortunately, by around 3:30, Saavan looked a bit weary as well and I saw my opportunity to get him down for an elusive nap.  Not wanting to freak him out by trying to take him up to his room, I suggested that we just lay down on the couch for a bit.  He was game, but he wouldn't lay down next to me.  Instead he picked up one our pillows, and moved it to the other side of our sectional.  When I asked him why he wanted to sleep on that side, he dropped this bombshell, which may just be the cutest sentence ever spoken:

"Because my dreams are over here."

Upon him saying that, my knees buckled and I began sobbing uncontrollably.  It was that overpowering.  I didn't actually cry, but would you have blamed me if I did?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my brotha, that boy of yours is a poet laureate...a philosopher...a lyrical genius.

mala said...

Anuj dear!
Don't ever stop blogging1 it's such a pleasure to read what bu write! Arjun is o cute & precious!
Mom