At two months, Saavan has gotten a lot more active, moving his arms and legs around like crazy. He smiles a little bit, coos and sings a little bit more, and drools a lot. He's also getting bigger, up to 8 pounds, 13 ounces, and 22 3/8 inches tall. He's gone from he 5th to the 8th percentile in weight, and the 40th to the 30th percentile in height. Which means, in reality, he's getting shorter and fatter. Just like his dad! In case you forgot what he looked like a month ago, here's Saavan at one month:
I don't see a ton of difference between the two photos, aside from the fact that Saavan took his pants off. The removal of his pants is a big deal though, and a real sign of maturity. I realized a while ago (though not when I was only two months old), that wearing pants is a real pain in the ass, and thus I remove them at every possible opportunity. Rarely will you find me in a pair of pants if I'm sitting at home. In fact, that seat upon which Saavan is sitting? You'll often find me in that exact same spot, rockin' only my boxers. Saavan has figured out how great pantlessness can be, and he did it at only two months. He is an extremely smart boy, and I'm glad to see that he's a chip off the old block...
As I mentioned, Neha is taking Saavan to Michigan tomorrow. I'm joining them on the trip for the weekend, and I simply cannot describe how horrified I am at the prospect of having to take Saavan to the airport/on a plane. I have already documented why the idea of taking with him terrifies me, so I need not rehash it here. All I'm saying is that until I hear otherwise, I think it's fine to store a baby in the overhead compartment.
On an unrelated note, for the first time in the history of this blog, I need to use this space to issue an apology. I have consistently tried to document each new visitor who comes to visit and spend some time with Saavan, by taking photos, and then including them in a slideshow. There have been many of them, and for that we are grateful. Recently though, our friends Rupa and Rahul came down from New York to visit, and somehow I forgot to include the pictures of their fabulous visit. This is surprising, because I was very excited about the prospect of Rupa and Rahul coming to see Saavan, if only because they have, collectively, the best skin of any couple that I have ever met. Their visit promised to be educational and informative for Saavan, who was unfortunately burdened with two parents who have terrible skin. And somehow I blew it. Anyways, without further ado, a couple of pictures from Rupa and Rahul's visit:
In this photo, Rahul explains to Saavan the importance of a nightly cucumber mask.
More slideshows to come (including photos of everyone else who has visited, who will now demand to know why they're getting the shaft)! I'm too lazy to upload them right now. Pray for us on the plane ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment