Friday, August 8, 2008

John and Kate Are Batman..


Thanks to Kumar for my favorite Saavan picture so far.

I forgot to mention one other thing about Sohum's visit in my post below describing his visit. Sohum is old enough now where he doesn't cry all that much, and even when he does, he can communicate his reasons for being upset. As a result, he's not too difficult to handle. There were a few times over the weekend, however, where he was very upset (usually because it was time for his bath or he was being made to go to bed) that coincided with Saavan's regularly-scheduled crying bouts (Saavan is not particularly fussy; he's definitely not colicky or anything like that. There are just times when he's hungry or has a wet diaper, and it takes some time to settle him). In those instances, it took the combined efforts of the four of us (Neha and I; Niji and Asmi), to calm both of the kids down. And it occurred to me at that moment - how do people have more than one kid? Especially more than one infant at the same time? There's just no way. Having multiple kids is fricking impossible. When both of them were crying, I wanted to smash my head into a wall. I'm not kidding. The only reason I didn't is because we're renting our current apartment, and I'd like to have our security deposit returned intact. Seriously though. Multiple kids? It's total insanity. I don't know how our parents did it. In fact I'm skeptical that they did. I think my parents only adopted me after I was potty trained.

The thought of having multiple kids reminded me of a show that Neha loves to watch (I love to watch it to, but I'll never admit it. Except I just did. F***) called "John and Kate plus Eight." It's a reality TV show that follows a couple that first had a set of twins, and then, when they wanted to have a third kid, ended up having sextuplets. So now they have EIGHT children. Hahahahahaha. Two parents taking care of 8 kids, 6 of whom are all the same age? No way. John and Kate are totally screwed. Forever. I'm not sure what I would do if I was in John and Kate's situation, but I'm pretty sure it would involve smashing my head into the wall, rental apartment or not. Anyways, I watch the show sometimes when I'm frustrated for reassurance that it could be much much worse. If Neha ends up birthing sextuplets, I'm out of here.

More photos! These are some from Kumar's uber-fancy camera:



And these are some more from Sohum's visit two weeks ago:

1 comment:

riya said...

Savaan is getting so big!! And, I think he already has more hair than Kavi - definitely more than Kavi's daddy!