- We had another appointment with the kindly old gentleman doctor on Thursday. It was a routine checkup in which he told us everything was progressing normally, which is always a relief to here. He also predicted that The Baby Vohra would weigh 7 pounds, 3 ounces. I was impressed with the detail of his prediction. That faded quickly, however, when Neha asked him if the due date was still predicted to be the same, based upon our most recent sonogram. When the doctor confirmed the 28th of June, the date from our first sonogram, I mentioned to him that at our second sonogram the doctor who read that one said that the due date had moved up to the 23rd of June. To which the gentleman doctor responded "oh...well, you have to remember that it's a range in which the baby will be born, not a specific date. So just tell everyone that the baby is going to be born on...June 15th."
At this point I don't think he has any idea when the baby will be born. I wouldn't be surprised if it was mid-April.
- On Tuesday, for Valentine's Day, me and two of my friends took our wives to see "High School Musical," the traveling theater show at the National Theater in Washington DC. We thought it would be a cute and fun thing to do. Which it was. It was also a glimpse into the future. We were the only people who weren't accompanied by kids younger than age 14, and throughout the show there was giggling and shrieking and crying. It was quite the experience, and I imagine a preview of my theater-going experience for many of the years to come. Two weeks ago I saw the movie "There Will Be Blood," an intense, very serious, powerful movie. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be watching many movies like that after The Baby Vohra is born. I'm not sure the talking and crying and displays of boredom will go over well (not that I'd take my kid to see an R movie...jeez I'm not that much of a deadbeat dad). High School Musical it is!
- On Monday night Neha woke me up immediately after I'd fallen asleep and put my hand on her stomach. For the first time ever, I felt The Baby Vohra kick (she's been feeling the kicks for a while). It was...amazing. Each day The Baby Vohra becomes a little more real, but actually feeling the baby's movements made it much more so. Up until now, each confirmation of the baby's presence (other than Neha's ever-growing belly) has come as a result of a visit to the doctor, in which we'd either heard the baby's heartbeat, or seen pictures on a sonogram. This was the first time I'd really experienced the baby myself (Neha, obviously, is way ahead of me in terms of such experiences). I told a friend about feeling a kick to which he responded "man...that's YOUR baby." Yeah...it is. Holy crap!
- I've felt a few more kicks from The Baby Vohra since the first one last Monday, and what's most impressive is how strong they are. I'm very impressed, and should probably add soccer to the list of potential sports The Baby Vohra could dominate. Neha also said that they might not actually be kicks, but also punches, which I find hysterical. The image of The Baby Vohra throwing haymakers in the womb just cracks me up. The Baby Vohra could be the next Floyd Mayweather! Which would be just so totally awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i have two reactions to the idea of the Baby Vohra throwing haymakers...i couldn't decide which one was better, so I had to include both:
- Imagine Stephen A. Smith, in the same voice he used after the Pistons-Pacers brawl, replacing "Stephen Jackson" with "The Baby Vohra". As in "The Baby Vohra throwin' HAY-makers!!!!!" Awesome.
- it would be amazing on SO many levels if the Baby Vohra ended up like Floyd Mayweather. I have put all of my hopes into hoping for this to happen.
Post a Comment