Monday, February 11, 2008

To Blog Or Not To Blog...

As much as I enjoy writing this blog, and as excited as I am that I will be able to share my thoughts and feelings with The Baby Vohra many years from now, I do struggle with how much, exactly, is appropriate to share. I want The Baby Vohra to know who its mom and dad were and what the whole experience of the pregnancy felt like, but there's always a danger in disclosing too much, you know?

This dilemma appears to have reached a head. Last weekend, while Neha was back in Michigan, I decided to make a trip up to New York City to visit some friends. I figured a bachelor weekend might be a good idea, given that as Neha gets bigger, I will feel far too guilty to leave her alone for any extended period of time, and once The Baby Vohra is born, I shall be the world's most devoted father. Don't believe me? Well then you obviously don't know me. Because I'm awesome.

Anyways, I travelled to New York, and whilst in the company of my old college buddies (including one who is a particularly bad influence), I ended up drinking FAR too much and spending the majority of Saturday night . . . very very sick. Damn you sake bombs!!! Do I write about this? Do I share this momentarily lapse of reason with my child, who will invariably look up to me because 1) I'm the father; and 2) of my previously aforementioned awesomeness?

These are serious considerations, and I do worry about the repurcussions down the line if I share too much. Some things are better left unblogged. And so I choose to write no more about my mistake in judgment last weekend. Instead, I'll only post a picture of the stupidity that implicates not only me, but also The Baby Vohra's Nihar Mama and its Uncle Mike:



There. That's enough. Although it now appears that what has already been written, coupled with the picture above, is far too much information shared.

Crap. I'm totally deleting this post once the baby is born.

No comments: